Monday, November 5, 2007

The Beginning

I can't believe our Disney Vacation has actually come and gone! It seems like we waited for so long and now it's over...back to life, back to reality. Hey, isn't that a song :D.

On Thursday, October 25, 2007, we woke up really early to catch our 8:20 am flight. We flew from SLC to Minneapolis to Orlando and arrived about 6:00 pm...off to get the rental car. Honestly, that seemed like it took as long as the flight did-long day! But Maddie and William were great and didn't seem to mind. We arrived at Marriot Horizons and everyone was there waiting for us-STARVING. Off to Chilis for a yummy dinner and dessert. The kids all got balloons from a crazy balloon guy and had a wonderful, noisy time! We headed back to the villas to get a little sleep before our first day at the Magic Kingdom! (a little sleep was a recurring theme throughout the vacation :D)



October 26...Here we are on the monorail heading for the Magic Kingdom!


This cute display and sign got us excited for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Night at the Magic Kingdom ...doesn't this look fun (more on that later :D)

Anyway...we arrived...finally!


I knew that if we didn't get this picture right at the beginning, we'd never get it. We're missing Jackson and Ellie (Jackson was being camera-shy/darn!) Everything was decorated for Halloween-so festive and so Disney! The kids were really excited to get going!

Off we headed to Tomorrow Land..."Stitches Great Escape". Just for the record...dumb, dumb, dumb! Jackson thought so too :D. I was sitting next to him and let me just say...he's not a fan of that ride! Luckily, it was off to Buzz Lightyear (a family favorite). Everyone loves that ride, even the big kids. Okay by now it's lunchtime....what lunchtime already! Yep, two rides and it's time to eat. Uncrustables (Bob's new favorite food), Cheetos, Chips A'Hoy, water. Needless to say, we split up to divide and conquer the park!

The kids favorite rides at the Magic Kingdom were Space Mountain, Splash Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain. Of course, Nathan didn't think any of them were quite "cool" enough :D! But he couldn't fool me...he was having a great time!

These are my favorite pics of the kids on Big Thunder Mountain. They are actually on the ride!


Splash Mountain was another favorite...although Bob wouldn't go on because he didn't want to get wet-what a wuss. And Maddie was too scared (at this point). But William wasn't (at this point-he had not seen outside the ride, the big drop. The next time we were at the Magic Kingdom he said "what's that ride?" When I told him Splash Mountain and were getting on, he kind of panicked but got on anyway and had a great time). He was so excited to ride. He wanted to sit next to Kevin. I sat next to Joce and the two of us made quite a pair in our ponchos. Talk about paranoid on getting wet...Jocelyn had maybe one inch of skin showing from underneath her poncho. I'm sure she'll post a picture on her blog. Too funny! Kevin and I got "splashed" right in the face!


And the all time favorite Magic Kingdom Ride...Space Mountain! I think we rode that at least 15 times. Oh and Kellie left her wallet on this ride our first night there. Thanks to lots of praying and perseverance, she found it. Whew!




And at the end of a long day, we were of course, starving! Grandpa, Grandma, Jana, Jason, Jackson, Noah and Ellie had left for home earlier so we headed to Macaroni Grill for a late dinner. William fell asleep the second we got in the car and Maddie and Nathan had a pizza eating contest...Maddie won! Dinner was delicious.

We were exhausted and ready to get some serious SLEEP! Epcot here we come!

3 comments:

Jocelyn said...

It was so fun! I love that last picture of the pizza eating contest. LOL! I also like the first picture on the monorail. Could you please burn all your vacation pictures and send them to me so I can have copies? Thanks!

Jocelyn said...

P.S.
Call me and I will tell you how to burn all the pics. It's easy so I'm serious... call me!

Jana said...

I NEED to update. It is all so overwhelming. :) Maybe I will just post a link to your blog. :) That sounds like a great idea. I can't believe we have been home a week. That was such a fun vacation. Now to plan next years. :)