Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Thanksgiving Holiday

This Thanksgiving was so much fun with family. It all started with a FULL day of cooking on Wednesday. My mom came down for a couple of hours to help with the mashed potatoes. We made 10 pounds of potatoes! So delicious. After she left I made, banana cream pie, coconut cream pie, pumpkin cheesecake, fudge, and confetti salad! I honestly don't think I have ever been that tired! My feet were burning. It was worse than walking around Disney World for an entire day! Everything was delicious. I asked my mom to take the mashed potatoes home with her because I didn't trust myself and the rest of my family :D.



::Will took the picture of Grandma (and a few others of our behinds that I cannot post!)
::Will is getting his first taste of jell-o sugar-he kept asking for more...I wonder why?
::I made little indivdual pies for the children...the things we do for our kids!

Thanksgiving dinner was of course wonderful! Everything tasted so good. The sweet potatoes were heavenly...definetely a keeper. I think it's the first time we've eaten all the sweet potatoes. And my dad made these wonderful green beens. They had so much flavor. Kellie and I finished off the green beans on Friday!



::Mom's heavenly orange rolls and Dad's delicious green beans!




We had a great day. Teri and Shawn and little Cole came and it was great to spend the day with them. Cole seems to be doing well.

It was a weekend of movies...Enchanted (don't you just LOVE Patrick Dempsey!), Mr Magoriums Wonder Emporium, and Grandma took all the kids to Fred Clause. We were actually movie-d out! I never thought I could feel that. I guess it's just kid's movies I've had enough of.



Saturday was of course the BYU vs Utah football game ( I had to put their name in the smallest font possible). Bob, Kevin and Grandpa went to the game and the rest of us went to the Children's Museum at the Gateway. It was really fun. The kids had a great time. We spent 4 1/2 hours at the museum. I was ready to leave after about 2! But I did find a guy who gave me play by play updates on the game as he received them on his Blackberry. What a game! I seriously regret not going. But I thought I would freeze! It would have been worth it! Was that a game or what! GO COUGARS!

Okay...I cry when I watch this...I LOVE BYU FOOTBALL and dare I say it...I ____ the UTES!

2 comments:

Jana said...

I didn't even go to BYU and I loved it. :)And that food looks too yummy. I wish you would post the recipes so that I didn't have to. :)

Unknown said...

Hey, I watched this game! I have to say I thought they were going to loose it. Man what a great game. I should have had more confidence, after all I watched BYU come back in the Miracle Bowl. Hey I say BYU play UNLV yesterday on cable in Basketball. I just love it when BYU beats UNLV in Basketball!!! It was great fun to see. Oh I wish we could get more BYU sports out her. Aunt Cindy