Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Jack-O-Lanterns




Keeping with tradition, tonight we carved our pumpkins for Family Home Evening. Typically we've done it on the FHE before Halloweeen but considering we wont be here then...tonight was the night. As usual, I was the picture taker. I'm not so fond of sticking my hands in the goop and pulling it out. I hate how it gets on my arm above my hands-YUCKO! It dries all crusty/sticky! Maddie loves it. Guess who doesn't love it...Will. After just one dunk of the hand in the gunk..."can I wash my hands now?" so funny!
This year, Maddie did all her own carving. She cut the top off and drew her face on and even cut out her face by herself. Way to go Maddie. The whole time, Bob and I were slightly panicking waiting for a gash from a knife. But not to worry...Maddie is very careful!

William wanted his to look like Frankenstein, no a ghost, no a witch, no Lightning McQueen, scary, happy. He couldn't quite make up his mind. He settled on the one he got. He calls it a ghost. Take one guess what he named it...Ghosty!

All in all it was a good time. Pumpkins carved, pictures taken, mess cleaned up in under an hour! Right on!




3 comments:

Jana said...

Looks like fun. We didn't even carve pumpkins this year. Sad. But Disney World made up for it. :)

Jana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jocelyn said...

Fun! Sad to say this, but I think the last time I carved pumpkins was when I was living in Utah and did it with you guys. How boring is that?!