Saturday, December 8, 2007

Ward Party

The Nativity went great. It was pure chaos all the way up until it started and I was sweating like a pig! A huge thanks to Bianca. She had all the props and helped orchestrate the whole thing-what a pro! I honestly could not have done it without her help. I truly would not have known where to begin. Maddie was the narrator and William was one of the shepherds. You can see him wandering around the stage. I am so glad it's all over!





I spent the day getting ready for the party: setting up at the church-twice, shopping for our Sub for Santa family (that was fun...we went to Target to choose toys and clothes for a family). I was explaining to Maddie that these would be the only things they are receiving for Christmas. She wanted to keep purchasing things for them. She even bought one of the presents with her own money! And then she said "Doesn't Santa go to their house?" I said "Yes." "Then they will be getting other presents." What could I say to that?



Dean picked up all the children in the ward on his trailer. They were soaking wet and frozen by the time they got to the church. The kids love this part of the party. We did it last year too.




These are our friends Matt and Lori . They have twin boys Will's age and another son Maddie's age.

2 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Mads is so pretty! I love that picture of the kids in the snow!

Jocelyn said...

Maddie did a great job narrating. What was William wandering around looking at? And was that Bob's horse outfit? :) I loved the end when all the kids sang Away In A Manger. Merry Christmas!