Saturday, December 1, 2007

Our Fun-Filled Saturday



This morning, we woke up to a few inches of snow. Our first "real" snow. You know the kind, the white fluffy powder that makes you just want to go outside and play. And if you're William, eat it! Will put on my boots and a sweatshirt and sweatpants and played outside for about a half hour. He came in soaking wet and my boots were wet inside and out! By 9:00 am Bob left for a full day of tithing settlement and Maddie was on her way out the door to go horseback riding with our neighbor, Von Schwen. Will and I headed out to the mall to get him some snow clothes and boots of his own so he doesn't have to wear mine. (He's been wearing Maddie's pink ones)! Pulling into the driveway, William was putting on his boots and digging his coat and pants out of the bags. He was "dying" to get in the snow! Needless to say, he is currently outside having all kinds of fun!


Today is a great day for Mads. She went on her horse riding lesson in Lehi with our neighbor and friend, Von. Maddie has been going riding with her for about a year now. She is going to be going riding every Saturday. I asked her if she wanted to go in this weather, knowing what the answer would be and I was right. She absolutely loves horses and is quite a natural so I've been told. I've never actually seen her ride...can you believe it! Von tells me that she is amazing-no fear and very confident on the horse. Von says she is so much fun to watch because you can tell she loves the horses and they love her! One of these days I will watch her ride! I can't wait. (BTW, Maddie is starting her own blog and she will tell you all about her day)

2 comments:

Jana said...

She is living every girls dream! :)

Jocelyn said...

I love that Maddie loves horses and she is so good with them. I have seen it. She has no fear!