Saturday, December 8, 2007

What a Day!

Today was one of those days where you have so much to do, it's hard to know where to start and you wonder if it's really all going to get done (the worst is when it carries into the next day-which mine will!)

I offered to help with the ward party tomorrow night by putting together a live nativity with the primary children. What was I thinking? Of course, I waited until the last minute and have been scrambling around trying to gather children, props and costumes-UGH! So I fretted and stewed all day about this task. I actually woke up wondering how I was going to accomplish this task. I also have to decorate a table and make a salad for the party!

I am decorating a friend's house for the holidays (something I do each year). But it was on the busiest day ever. I went over in the morning to do it, but she wasn't home and had told me she might not be home but the code to her garage was
- - - - . Of course, I forgot it. I tried her on her cell phone, but had to leave a message. I knew I couldn't really go anywhere because I would soon be leaving for Maddie's school program! And also, if she called, I wanted to be able to run right over! She didn't get back to me until it was about time for me to leave for the program-totally my fault. I should have written her garage code down! Anyway, the block of time I had set aside to do this was now gone-YIKES...when was I going to get this done?

Maddie's Winter Program was great! Grandma and Grandpa came to watch. She is so beautiful! Isn't she just wonderful! I love her so much and I am so proud of her.




Mrs Johnson-Maddie's wonderful, amazing teacher!

I brought Maddie home after her program, took her to Activity Days (she didn't want to go, another story,) but went anyway and had a fun time. It was a babysitting activity so Will actually got to go and I had the hour and a half I needed to get Bonita's house done! Yipee for Activity Days! I picked them up at 5:00, ran to Harmons because I had to take rolls to our Neighborhood Christmas Party and also get something for the kids for dinner (chicken drumsticks-YUCK!), then picked up the babysitter, ran in the house, tried to make myself presentable for a party, wrapped the white elephant gifts and ran next door to enjoy myself for a couple of hours! WHEW!

The party was over by 8:30 (the party is getting shorter and shorter each year!) So, since we had a babysitter, Bob and I decided we'd go to a movie and went to see Dan In Real Life. I absolutely cracked up. And Bob was laughing so hard-I rarely hear him laugh like that-(Seinfeld will do it) and it's one of my favorite things about him. He has such a great laugh and when he laughs hard, you know he means it! Go to see that movie-it's great!



reminds me of this below....is this not the funniest thing ever!

I'm going to bed now, knowing I will dream about that darn nativity! HELP ME...I have poop stomach!

5 comments:

Jana said...

I am sick thinking about you having to do that nativity. But knowing you, it was perfect!! And Dan in Real Life is one of my favorite movies!!! There were some seriously HILARIOUS parts. I think I might have even clapped when I was laughing so hard. That's embarrassing. :)

shannon said...

i totally want to see Dan in Real LIfe, and that clip was HYSTERICAL...i am totally crying!

Hema and Becky said...

Jill, this is Becky Katoa (Hawkins). I totally stumbled upon Michelle's blog by accident and then found your link. Your children are SOOOOOO beautiful!! It was fun to see what your family is up to. I think the last time I saw your kids they were my kids ages. Wow! Time really files! Check out my family at katoafamily.blogspot.com I have links to all of my siblings blogs too! I hope you and Bob are well!

Jessica F. said...

I was very excited when Becky told me that she found your blog. After my family, you are one of the main things I miss about Utah! Your kids are adorable and I love your blog!
I was thinking about you the other day because I got called into young women and I was thinking about how fabulous you were...(have I thanked you ever?!?!?)
Just wanted to say hi! (This is Jessica in case you weren't sure.)

Jocelyn said...

Nice job Maddie! She has always had great school programs and I've loved going to so many of them. And I LOVE how she always yawns... I thought she had made it through this whole song without a yawn, but right at the end she didn't let me down! I LOVE IT! I love you Maddie! I wish I was there!