Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Candy, Candy, Candy...

My mom and I have been making candy for the past two days...caramel-chocolate pretzels, toffee and caramel. YUM-O! It was so much fun to spend time with my mom making these fun treats for friends (and ourselves, right Mom?) My parents are going to be gone for Christmas so it will just be the four of us until we leave for New Mexico a couple of days after Christmas. I'm glad I got to spend time with my mom making our traditional holiday treats! Thanks for all the help Mom.

So many pretzels...milk chocolate, milk chocolate with mini m&ms, white chocolate, white chocolate with cinnamon sugar



Making the yummiest caramels on the planet...so buttery!



All packaged up for friends!



And our little helper/taster/mess maker!

5 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Delicious! I SO wish I was there with you guys baking and candy making! Boo. Mine turned out pretty yummy, too... and there are only 2 left. Boo, again. The boxes all done up are so cute. I'll be waiting for mine in the mail. I'm in Austin until Sunday, after that you can send it to my in-laws. This is not a joke.

Meredith said...

Jill, this year I officially quit the caramel business! Congrats - your treats look amazing - check out my blog, probably tomorrow, to see what I ended up doing!!!

Hema and Becky said...

Those look so tasty! I miss all your yummy cooking! I love cooking with my my too! Tell your mom and dad I said hello!

Meredith said...

Jill - You are funny - I posted that for a few minutes to test a photo layout...and you caught it - I don't even know if it had a complete sentence! It is supposed to sit as a draft until friday or saturday!

Also, your froggies are darling!!!! That is some fine imagination at work!

Jana said...

YUMMY!!! Your gifts are WAY cuter than mine. You went the extra mile for sure. I wish i was your neighbor.