Saturday, December 1, 2007

Sibling Love

Do you remember how your parents, especially your mom, would always say she wants nothing more than for her children to get along and love each other? I remember asking my mom what she wanted for Christmas, birthdays, etc. and she always told me this. At the time I thought it was a ridiculous request. Why would anyone care about that and what a stupid gift! Well, I now completely understand...of course we care and it is just about the best gift there is-nothing stupid about it! William and Maddie definetely have their moments of "not getting along" (that's putting it nicely); however, lately they have been "true friends". Yesterday, they danced together, played computer games together, Maddie helped Will with his Christmas list, Maddie giving Will the last chocolate covered strawberry and they wanted to sleep together in Maddie's bed. Maddie even brushed Will's teeth for him. As a parent, it is such a beautiful thing to see your children being friends. It touches me to see Maddie watching out for her little brother and to see Will truly looking up to his older sister. I pray they will always be friends and always be there for each other. So this Christmas they asked me what I wanted...yup, you guessed it!

I snuck in and took this picture after they were asleep!