Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Done Decorating...


My new wreath with a grosgrain ribbon bow


Last night for FHE, we got out all the Christmas Decorations (doesn't that make just the biggest mess ever)! The kids were so excited to put up the tree. And William was beyond excited. He couldn't keep his hands off anything. We had one broken ornament...Maddie had to get on him for that to which I told her she's broken her fair share and to leave him alone. We finished with the tree and went to bed with a huge mess downstairs-ugh. I knew it was all mine in the morning. Anyway, it's all done now (with the exception of a few things I think I must have-I'll know them when I see them :D and some fresh greens for the mantle). Will was so cute this morning-dying to help me. I have this tall skinny santa that he used as a gun, walking stick, bow and arrow and a few other props-so funny! We also had lights put on the house, red and white. They look so great-it's been so long since we had lights on the house. Bob just does not have the time to do it (and truth be told, I'm not sure he has the skill to do it either-don't tell him I said that). I found these two men putting lights on someone's house down the street and flagged them down and said when can you do this at my house? They were there in a couple of hours and it was done before Bob got home from work-great price too! If I knew how to take pictures outside in the dark with my camera so the lights would show...haven't quite figured that out! But here are a few pics of the inside.

::The tree

::The stars on the mantle (mantle not quite finished)


::Snowmen with glitter (I love glitter)

::How cute is that caroling lady!

::I love my santa collection

::And the ornaments from Pottery Barn Sale last year

8 comments:

Shar said...

What a small world. I've actually met your husband. He printed some business cards for me when we lived in Utah. Maybe we'll see you sometime down here.

Cute decorations. Don't you just love Pottery Barn?

Shar said...

P.S. McKelle's husband and I are cousins. That's how we know each other.

Jana said...

Cute decorations. Everything looks great. I LOVE CHRISTMAS!!! :)

Tennille said...

You are such a natural at decorating!

Meredith said...

Jill, pardon me as a "mysterious stranger" from Bishop Bob's past (I read further into your blog a bit and found that Bishop part out...)posting on your blog but I stumbled upon it thru Michelle Armstrong's blog. Anyway, I worked for Bob at Orem Kinko's about 100 years ago, OK, more like 10 or 12. I remember when Maddie came into your life - wow, how time has gone by! Both your children are beautiful. Anyway, to comment on the appointed post, your home and decorations are beautiful - love the green ribbon - where did you find that? Say hello to Bob for me - I truly have great memories of working for him - we was a wonderful manager and a great friend and mentor.

Take care,

Meredith (McGuire) Simpson

Jocelyn said...

I love it! I love Christmas! Can't you come to my house and decorate for me? It is so hard to get in the mood when it's 70-80 degrees!

Meredith said...

Jill, you are sweet! I too have an obsessive ribbon collection, in fact, I was talking to my grandma earlier on the phone while replacing the bow on my wreath...the 3rd bow in 3 days!!! I think I am happy with it now. Just right.

Thanks for the sweet words, glad you remember me! I was talking to Steve trying to remember if Bob was still in Orem when we were dating. I can't remember!

And Project Runway, what kind of mother am I? My 6 year old watches it with me! (All the innuendo, the bleeps, yikes!) The other day, she was up and dressed for school before I was up...laying on the couch watching the previous night's episode BEFORE me! I made her start it over again. :)

Take care - I will for drop by every once in a while - I remember you are an amazingly talented woman and will probably steal recipes or ideas from you!

Good luck getting thru Tithing settlement season! I am primary president and right isn't too bad because this is our second time rolling over to the new year so we know what we are doing this time.

Michelle said...

You are so amazing! Everything looks so great! You always know how to decorate just perfect!!! You should see my house...it needs serious help! :)