Tuesday, October 9, 2007

I LOVE FALL!




things i love about fall:

  • the leaves changing in the canyon
  • driving in the Miata with the top down
  • fall decorating-gourds, cinderella pumpkins, etc.
  • halloween decorating-witches, haunted houses, ghosts,
  • all the yummy candle scents
  • windows and doors open during the day
  • turning on the furnace...turning off the a.c.
  • wearing sweaters again
  • wearing my ugg slippers as shoes...everywhere!
  • thanksgiving with family
  • turning on the oven again after a long hot summer
  • long sleeve white shirts under short sleeve shirts on Will
  • byu football, of course!

This change of season been especially wonderful. After such a hot summer, the cooler weather is very welcome. Even though I'm not looking forward to winter, I am enjoying the breeze and the fact that I can turn my oven on again and make something other than on the grill. I refused to turn my oven on this summer...it was way too hot. It seems like everyone is loving this weather and looking forward to Halloween!

5 comments:

Jocelyn said...

I miss fall! I'm sad we don't have seasons in Texas. We have hot and warm (and a week or so of cold). But come January when we are wearing short sleeves maybe I'll be loving it! :)

Unknown said...

Hi Jill,

I'm not sure if you remember me, but this is Jocelyn's friend Michelle. I just wanted to tell you how ADORABLE your kids are! I have pictures of me, Joce and Maddie when she is just a baby and that is how I still picture her. What a beautiful family.
Oh, and I also love fall. You have inspired me to go pick up some pumpkins and gourds!

Take Care,
Michelle

Jill said...

hi michelle...i do remember you. i'm glad you said "hi" :)

Jana said...

There is nothing like fall. The only bad thing is knowing that snowing winter is coming soon. Burrrr!!!

Ben said...

Hey Jill,
Great blog with a nice mix of topics. I absolutely love Fall. That's why I'm done with Texas. No Fall + No Fresh Apple Cider + No Sweatshirt Weather = I'm Outta Here!
I do get to go to Purdue in a couple of weeks though so I'll get my Fall fix for the year then.