Sunday, January 20, 2008

{sunday reminiscings}




William's Adoption

William was born April 9, 2003 in Provo, Utah. He came to our home on April 11, 2003. Maddie was nearly 5 years old and we were more than ready for another child. William was a little miracle in that we found out about him in February and less than two months later, he was in our home! We never met his birth parents and know very little about them-only that they made a difficult decision in choosing to give Will a better life than they could. Our social worker called us as soon as Will was born, but we weren't allowed to see him in the hospital so that the birth parents wouldn't see us. But...we just happened to be at the hospital and thought we'd take a look in the nursery...there he was...our little boy! We pretended to be looking at all the babies so that it wouldn't be obvious incase someone was there looking at Will too. I was so happy, but so sad because I wanted to hold him so badly! He was crying and there was no one comforting him. Leaving that nursery was one of the most difficult things to do. Needless to say, I didn't sleep the next two nights, wondering and thinking about him. Two days later, our doorbell rang before we were to go pick him up at the hospital, and there was our bishop, with Will! It was so exciting-special delivery! For the rest of the day, we just sat around holding him while friends and neighbors came over to meet him. It was a wonderful day!



I can't believe how Heavenly Father has blessed our lives. We have two amazing children-they are perfect for our family and to think that they would not be our children if I'd been able to biologically have children-the thought is unbearable. Not only to think they wouldn't be ours, but to think of where they would be instead is also unbearable. They have so many people who love them, grandparents, aunts and uncles, cousins, church leaders and neighbors...Before Maddie and Will were born, I was so frustrated at not being able to get pregnant and have children...why couldn't I? It was a righteous desire...a good thing; yet, it would not happen. But I know now...our children came to us in a different way...they were always meant to be ours and they needed to be able to come to a family where they could be part of an eternal family. So many children are born without that blessing. I am so grateful for my eternal family.

William's Finalization, Sealing and Blessing

On October 22nd, William's adoption was finalized in Provo with Judge Lynn Davis. He was so great-very pro adoption. It was truly an amazing experience and I'm so happy my family and siblings were there. We went out to breakfast afterwards and were looking forward to the next day at the Temple.





On October 23rd, William was sealed to us in the Mt Timponogas Temple. Nearly all of our family was there. It was a wonderful sight in the Temple to be surrounded by family and true friends. William was blessed by Bob in our home later on that day.









The weekend was a very special one -it will never be forgotten.

7 comments:

Hema and Becky said...

You sure know how to make a girl cry!!! Maddie and Will are both soooo blessed to be part of yur family! We just scheduled Vela's finalization and sealing and I can't wait for April. Adoption is such a miracle!!! Thank goodness for those amazing birth parents!!!

Jana said...

That was so good to read and remember. I cand still remember the exact moment I found out you had another baby. :) Jason and I were at dinner and mom called. I cried when I hung the phone up. I am so happy for you guys. Those kids are so blessed to have you as their mommy. And I so glad I have them as my niece and nephew. :)

clarke fam said...

I remember the day that they brought will to you guys. I remember coming over to see how sweet he was, and how happy you and Bob were. His cute little green room and everything. Adoption is an amazing process. i miss seeing you and hearing about all of the fun and creative things that you are up to. I am so happy that we found your blog. Keep in touch-

Jocelyn said...

How fun to read that. I love Will so much. I remember all those things... going to the hospital on a secret trip to see him, seeing him when he finally came home, holding him as much as I could before Ben dragged me to Purdue, and coming back for the court day and sealing in the temple. I hope you know how much I love your kids. I can't say it enough. They truly were meant to be your children and I absolutely could not be happier to have them for my niece and nephew.

Meredith said...

What a beautiful tribute to your darling son and the blessings of adoption. Your family is truly blessed. We had an amazing experience when Steve's brother adopted a baby girl when their other kids were all teenagers and Steve's dad sealed the baby to her parents - we had so many people there in the sealing room - it was amazing!

(I have that bow on the top of your page...shabby princess!!)

Jessica F. said...

Such an amazing thing adoption is. Your family is so perfectly adorable!

The Pixton Family said...

Jill, I loved reading your memories of adoption. I feel so blessed to have Emma and Parker because of the miracle of adoption. Thanks for sharing your story.