Sunday, January 27, 2008

{sunday reminiscing}


In August 2006, we took a family trip to Southern California for a little Disney and San Diego. It was a wonderful family vacation. I met Bob in Las Vegas with the children and they did not know that after Vegas, we were heading south for some family fun. They just thought the vacation was Las Vegas. They didn't even realize we were headed in the opposite direction of home until we were in Los Angeles and we couldn't keep the surprise any longer! I was dying to tell them we were going to Disneyland! Maddie started crying she was so excited! Honestly, it was the most fun we've had together as a family.





One of the highlights was going to the beach in Coronado. William had never seen the ocean before (that he could remember) and he was so excited! He loved walking along the water with his dad and playing in the sand. We had stopped at a little market on the island and picked up some munchies like cheese and crackers, bread and drinks and little white powdered donuts. :D Maddie of course could live on the water-she is fearless and loved every second of it-I think she would be a surfin' beach girl if she lived on the coast. We stayed for a while and swam, ate dinner, played and relaxed. It was a great day! And we ended it at The Cheesecake Factory for dinner...could it be any better!

(click to enlarge photos)


p.s. I was there...

4 comments:

Jocelyn said...

What a fun trip... the best part being the total surprise for the kids! I LOVE San Diego! I miss living there... a lot of times you take things for granted when you have it... I wouldn't anymore! I love all your pictures from Coronado. I also loved it when Maddie cried "happy tears" when you told them about where you were going. So cute.

Jocelyn said...

Also... thanks for the shout out! I love your header, too. I love making them. This summer we can digital scrapbook all the time together. YAY! I can't wait!

Hema and Becky said...

How fun!! I am dying to take Hema to Disneyland. I love that you surprised them! You are such great parents! Those kids are lucky to have you!!

Michelle said...

How fun! I love that you surprised them! Our trip to Disneyland/Lagoona Beach this past October was our familys favorite trip too! The boys keep begging to go back!