Wednesday, January 9, 2008

2008

I've really been thinking about this new year and what it will bring. It seems like I've always set new goals for a new year but in actuality, I just think about setting them. This year is going to be different. Many years ago, I had a bishop who taught that we should call them resolves...it seems to have more of a meaning that we have really made up our minds to do these things. So in 2008, I resolve to be a better me and have balance in my life.

*more scripture reading/studying*
*more praying*
*be more observant to others needs*
*be more patient*
*watch less t.v.*
*exercise*
*have more fun with my children*
*have more fun with my husband*
*more outings with girlfriends*
*spend less money*

This year in Sunday School and Relief Society we are studying the Book of Mormon and the teachings of the prophet Joseph Smith. I am going to take the opportunity to study the lesson each week and be prepared for Sunday. I can only imagine the better me I'll be this time next year. I am so looking forward to 2008!

4 comments:

Jana said...

Those are great "resolves." I need to write mine down this year so that I have a record of the new things I want to happen. Maybe I should actually buy s self-help book and try it out. :) At least a book for being a better parent. And about the dog thing. I do not want one, but I seriously feel so scared at night. What do I do? Dialing 911 was a thrill, when all was said and done. Like, I can't believe I did it. But I also feel silly that no one was in my house. I hope they didn't laugh at me later in the night. Or morning. I just thought that was the only smart thing to do. Why take a chance at someone getting to my kids or me? You know? Um hello. I just left a post on your comments. :) HAHA!!!

Jocelyn said...

Nice going on writing down the goals. I am looking forward to what 2008 will bring, too.

And did you say something to Jana about the dog? I bet she won't get one but she should seriously consider it. It's been proven to make people feel a lot safer. And I honestly think Jana doesn't really need to be safe (as I think she IS safe) but it's the feeling of safety she needs... which a dog will bring. That's all I have to say about that... for now. :)

Meredith said...

Great goals. I have often tried to make preparing for the Sunday lessons a priority but I have been in primary for 1.5 years and it is harder than ever! I might need to give it a try and make it a goal.

Hema and Becky said...

Great goals! Even though you are already so awesome you don't need those!! We were in the AF hospital ove Christmas and one of our nurses is in your ward and she couldn't stop saying nice things about you and Bob!!! you are the best!