Thursday, January 10, 2008

Favorite Christmas Gifts...



Bob and I exchanged iPods for Christmas...he got black, I got green! At first, I thought what am I going to do with an iPod? Would I really use it? When would I get a chance to listen to music without the ability to hear children talking to me and asking me questions all day long? Oh, how wrong I was! First of all...the fun Bob and I had choosing songs to purchase on iTunes! (We each had a $25.00 itunes gift card and we spent every last dollar and then some.) We spent a couple of hours reminiscing the past...middle school, high school, early days of BYU,old girlfriends, old boyfriends-think...Asia, Toto, Chicago, Journey, Foreigner, Donna Summer, INXS, Depeche Mode, Eagles, Michael Jackson, Howard Jones, OMD, Styx, Rick Springfield, Tears for Fears, Whitney Houston, Madonna, Whan!, etc.-you know you love it! Nobody really makes music like they used to. Great Fun! Second, it's a great way to tune out the kids when you need a break from the talking/questions. And, believe it or not, that music right in your ears actually makes you want to exercise-resolve of 2008 :D! And last night, I fell asleep listening to 80's soft rock. I slept like a baby (one that sleeps through the night without making any noises to wake up its parents).


My other favorite gift is my Breville Ikon Panini Press! Can I just say it makes the yummiest sandwiches ever! Clean-up is a breeze-just wipe it down with hot soapy water and you're done. We've had mozzerella, tomato and basil; turkey, swiss and bacon; regular grilled cheese-a favorite after-school snack for Maddie (and she makes it herself). And my favorite is turkey with pepperjack cheese-I add thin sliced tomatoes and romaine after I grill it-YUMM-O! And you don't have to have hard, crusty bread-regular sandwich bread works too. Everyone should own one of these-it's not one of those weird appliances that you think you'll use and never do. I'm having a love affair with my panini grill!
Bob told me last night "you're into things with the letter 'p'...paninis, iPods, Project Runway, pepper jack." (hehe) Silly man.

8 comments:

The Pixton Family said...

I LOVE paninis- I will take your advice and get one!

Jocelyn said...

Fun gifts and I love the green ipod! I love paninis too!

Jocelyn said...

By the way, I personally think the secret to a delicious panini is soft bread. We use homemade bread (white) that we sliced to the thickness we wanted and it was the best one I've ever had.

Michelle said...

Ohhh, I have been wanting one of those, but I also was wondering if I would use it very much!!! I love panini sandwiches!!! YUM!

Hema and Becky said...

I've been wondering if an Ipod should be in my future! Sounds like you got some awesome stuff! Those paninis sound soooo good!

Jessica F. said...

I LOVE reading your blog! I almost feel like we are neighbors again...(that would be a dream come true!!!)

Jana said...

Great gifts. Mom has your from us. Hope you get it soon. :)

Jana said...

Then you can add it to your list as favorite gifts!!! :) HaHa