Monday, December 5, 2011

The Beginning

A view of Zug from across the lake

A view of Luzern from a northern hilltop

The famous bridge over the lake in Luzern

Zug

Yes, this is where we live...I know, it's beautiful, we're lucky, "yadda, yadda, yadda"

Well, I guess I'm going to do this...It's been two and one half years since my last post. I don't remember exactly why I stopped...it's been too long. And now I'm not sure if I can even remember how to add a new post.

I'm not even going to try to recap the past two and one half years, just update on what's happened the past four months. Because boy have they been eventful. In fact, the past four months seem like four years!

...In January 2011, Bob began working for a new company, I ran Minuteman Press until we sold it in April, learned we were moving to Switzerland in May, moved to Switzerland in August. We left Orem on the 16th of August to be exact.

tears . meltdowns . anger . joy . sadness . excitement . chaos . confusion . despair . fear . more tears . more meltdowns...and all this BEFORE we left

We arrived in Zug on the 17th of August and made our way to our little teeny tiny business apartment (our home wouldn't be ready for 6 weeks). We stayed there for about 5 days, moved to a hotel for a couple of nights and then to another even smaller business apartment for a few weeks. Maddie and Will slept on mattresses in the living area. If you can imagine the joy that Maddie felt sharing the living room floor with her 8 year old brother...good times!

Our home became ready 4 weeks early and we moved in on the 5th of September. It was so great to have room to spread out and to finally be somewhere that was ours and not have to live out of a suitcase(s).

I think I will start here and do a series of posts over the next few days to catch me up. As I've been thinking about this, so many emotions have come to the surface that I think I have to do this bit by bit in order to avoid another "meltdown".

coming up...moving in, furniture shopping, costs, Swiss Rules, cooking, grocery shopping, school, visitors, travel, church, and oh so much more!

Auf Wiedersehen

4 comments:

Jessica F. said...

I can't even begin to tell you how happy I was to see an update on my reader from you! I can't wait to hear ALL about your amazing new life and adventures.
Miss you and hope life is treating you all like you deserve!

Hema and Becky said...

Hooray!!!!!!! I just said to my mom last week that I wished you were blogging so we know how things were going and could hear about your fun adventures! Can't wait to hear more!

Rachel Rowell said...

Beautiful photos. I hope you guys are doing well on your new adventure! If anything, you have some good views!

the rowells

The Pixton Family said...

So glad your back in the blogging world! What an adventure- can't wait to hear more.