Thursday, December 15, 2011

Colmar, France

At the recommendation of a new friend, Alison, I first discovered Colmar when my mom and sister were here. With my love of all things French, I fell in love with Colmar and have been back twice since my first trip. It is just a one and a half hour drive. Colmar is a village in the Alsace region of North Eastern France, south of Strasbourg. And it's so great to have France so close...I can get all my French "fixes" without having to drive far at all.

Colmar was founded in the 9th century. There are old (very old) churches and buildings that are fascinating. One building was featured in the movie Howl's Moving Castle (Maison Pfister).

Just last week, Stacie and I took a day trip to enjoy the Colmar Chistmas Market. So much fun! These European Christmas markets are so much fun. I do think the German ones are the best.

These first few pictures are when we went in October and the collage is the Christmas Market.

The area of Colmar called La Petit Venise

A delicious Nutella crepe...yumm-o!

I loved these balls hanging outside a store.

The three of us


Colmar Christmas Market - LOVED it!




Au Revoir,

No comments: