Friday, August 8, 2008

July! (Part 1)

My sister Jana came to Utah for a couple of weeks in July and we all had a great time together with the kids! Jana is not one to sit around, so we were constantly on the go...something to do nearly every day! And since we haven't taken any kind of vacation this year, it was great to have some things planned to do for Maddie and Will! I call it our staycation!

One of our first outings was to the Dinosaur Museum at Thanksgiving Point. I think I'm done going there for a while...

I love this picture of Will...it completely captures how he is...always goofing off!



Maddie loves animals and the Earth. She expresses her gratitude daily for our beautiful Earth and for the animals.

The next outing was to the Tracy Aviary and Liberty Park in Salt Lake City. The kids really loved going there, especially to Liberty Park afterwards. That park is amazing and there is so much to do. Maddie, Jana and I rode the carnival swings (nearly made us vomit!) and the boys and Grandpa rode the ferris wheel. There are paddle boats and a fun water feature to play in.


Sibling Love at its best!

All of us (except Joce...she was taking the picture) at the bird show!

2 comments:

Jana said...

It was so fun coming to Utah. The boys had such a great time with your kids. Maybe next summer you guys can come visit us!!!! There is lots to do here that is better than the dino museum. :)

Meredith said...

I really love Utah in the Summer. I kinda miss it! What a great place to have a Staycation. I have great memories of going to Liberty Park as a child when we would make our pilgrimages to Utah to visit our great grandparents.