Wednesday, August 20, 2008

July Staycation! (Part 2)

Ben planned a great night out in the Uintas for the whole family. He wanted to take the little ones fishing. And he stayed up late the night before cooking for all of us. We had yummy food to eat and made s'mores around the fire! It was great to get out of the heat and let the kids run around and play in the stream. Maddie loved the fishing with Ben more than anything! The drive was really long but beautiful. I am constantly amazed at the majesty of these mountains. Sometimes I take for granted the beauty of this area...I know there are millions who have never seen anything like this and here we are living right in the valley of these awesome mountains! (although, I must say, the bugs up there were anything but awesome!...I have never seen so many mosquitos!)






1 comment:

Jocelyn said...

It is beautiful up there in the mountains! And I love that you can escape the heat by going up there. I wish there would be no bugs. I hate bugs.