Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Menu For the Week

It's been forever since I posted last...I guess I've been kind of in a slump...or just really busy! But posting my menu is easy so I'll start there!



Garlic Shrimp Linguine, salad, bread, raspberries and cream for dessert
This was rapidly consumed by everyone! Seriously so easy and one of the yummiest things I've ever made (a huge statement!)

Breaded Chicken Fingers & Honey Mustard Dressing, corn on the cob, watermelon
Serve this to the children with the dressing for dipping. For Bob and I, served over romaine, sliced hard boiled eggs, bacon, shredded cheese and croutons-yummo!

Sweet Pork Roast Burritos
black beans and rice inside burritos

Grilled Pork Chops, mashed potatoes, cucumbers and tomatoes
We love our cukes and tomatoes in oil and red wine vinegar

Grilled burgers, corn on the cob, watermelon
We love watermelon and corn on the cob this time of year

Penne Pasta with Boursin Cheese and tomatoes, salad, bread
I got this yummy recipe from my friend and it so easy and so delicious! If anyone wants the recipe, let me know

7 comments:

Hema and Becky said...

Okay I need the recipe for the Garlic Shrimp Linguine. Please post or post a link or comment! It sounds great! It's good to see your menus up again, I've tried a few of your menu selections and they hav been yummy!

Jill said...

Becky-here's the recipe for the Garlic Shrimp Linguini:

1 lb. uncooked linguine
4 Tbsp. butter
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1/2 c white wine
1/2 c. heavy whipping cream
4 tsp. grated Parmesan cheese
4 cloves garlic, minced
3 tsp. chopped fresh parsley
salt & pepper to taste
1 lb. medium shrimp, peeled & deveined

Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8-10 minutes; drain. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt butter over medium low heat; add wine, cheese, olive oil, garlic, parsley, and salt & pepper to taste. Simmer over low heat for 3-5 minutes, stirring frequently. Increase heat to medium high and add shrimp to skillet; cook for a few minutes or until shrimp begins to turn pink (do not overcook). Add whipping cream. Pour sauce and shrimp over pasta. Garnish with parmesan cheese and fresh parsley, if desired.

Hema and Becky said...

Thanks! I am making this tonight!!

Meredith said...

Love your menus...so simple yet fantastic and pleasing to everyone.

Hema and Becky said...

Yum, yum, yum!!! We all loved the pasta! Easy, fast and super yummy! I reheated it for the hubby and it was still super good! Thanks Jill! Keep the good recipes coming!

Michelle said...

Seriously the Garlic Shrimp Linguine is looking SO yummy! I need to try it out when I get back from Lake Powell!

Jana said...

I want th recipe to the burritos.