Wednesday, June 18, 2008

What's Up?!

It seems like everyone's been in a blogging slump lately...including me. I can't seem to put my finger on the problem, but it's kind of been the last thing on my mind...
But for a quick update of the past couple of weeks:

Maddie and Wills finished up at Challenger. I must say, I cried knowing it was the end of Challenger for Maddie and never really started for Will! The Orem Challenger is moving up to Traverse Mountain (a good 20 minute drive each way). I would be spending a good 2 1/2 hours of my day in the car...no thank you! However, I am sad to see Maddie leave Challenger. She has made some wonderful friends and has received an EXCELLENT education. I have her enrolled in the Accelerated Learning Class at Foothill Elementary in Orem. And I met with the teacher a month ago and the 5th grade curriculm is what she did in 4th grade at Challenger. I'm not quite sure how 5th grade is going to go for her. It's really weighing heavily on my mind-I'm sure it will all work out. As for Will-he's just excitied to be going to Kindergarten!

The school year ended with lots of festivities, The Family Picnic, A class party for Maddie in Highland, Field Day and Maddie spending her last day of school at home in bed with Strep Throat-bummer! She tried going to Field Day, but after a couple of hours, she begged me to take her home.




The Family Picnic at Scera Park

A couple of moms in Maddie's class hosted a party in Highland at their swim and tennis club one day after school. They had so much fun. Mrs. Johnson came and the class presented her with a wonderful gift. They ate, swam, played karaoke and had a great time playing! What great memories they made.



And you know Summer has started if you have a little boy and he's playing T-Ball!

3 comments:

Tennille said...

H is playing t-ball too. Maybe we'll play you guys! :)

Hema and Becky said...

I can't believe how big your kids are! It is so much fun to keep in touch through blogging!

Meredith said...

I understand the dilemma with school - Lindsay goes to an alternative accelerated school and I love it. Leaving would be so hard. It looks so lovely and springy there. I miss real spring!