Monday, June 2, 2008

Friday Night Fun

Having trouble deciding what to do on a Friday night?...We were. Bob was "itching" to take a drive in the new car. (We got rid of the van and got a Yukon Denali a few weeks ago). So we decided to take a drive up to Squaw Peak...and I forgot my camera so here is a shot from my phone.


We took a little hike up this path and a little way up, I realized my shoes were not fit for the rocky trail. I headed back down and Bob and the children kept going. I spent some time alone looking out over the valley-so beautiful! After a while, I hear these mountain bikers coming down the same trail we all went up...they were going incredibly fast...then I hear Bob scream "Will" and then I hear William screaming as he's coming down the trail. Apparantly, Will had run ahead of Bob and Maddie and was out of their view. Then the bikers came and Bob was hoping Will had got out of the way-he had and he got a little turned around and thought he was lost! He found the trail and ran down it screaming "Mommy!" Needless to say, we headed home right after that!





We went for treats at Sub Zero Ice Cream. Yummy Treats. I like it because it's hard ice cream with mixins, not as soft as Cold Stone. You choose a base that's liquid and they freeze it with Liquid Nitrogen-Maddie and Will thought it was pretty cool!
Not too exciting of a Friday night...but it was good, cheap fun!


4 comments:

One Big Happy Family In Utah said...

Mmmm - Ice cream makes everything better and definitely less scary! And this sounds like quite the place.

Meredith said...

Never heard of that...Lindsay and I love ice cream and love trying new things. I wonder if there is one around me? All the cool stuff is in Utah!

Scary adventure up squaw peak...Enjoying your Yukon? We are still totally in van mode - best choice for our growing family. Maybe a fun Denali some day... I test drove one though - it was pretty sweet!

Jocelyn said...

Freezing my face in liquid nitrogen sounds good right about now. The heater at church is broken and never stops blowing HEAT. It was killing me.

Hema and Becky said...

I love that you and Bob still hang out at Squaw Peak on Friday night! Does your ward know??? Just playing, sounds like fun though!