Wednesday, May 7, 2008

A Yummy Favorite!

One of my favorite things to eat for actually lunch or dinner or a snack is a bagel with swiss cheese, tomatoes and Spike...remember these from the bagel shop in Poway? What was the name of the bagel place next to Ralphs across the street from the church? This is where we discovered this and they had the most delicious bagels!



Anyway...I make this in my little convection/toaster oven.

1. lightly toast bagel (onion, plain, garlic-not chocolate chip!)

2. place a slice of swiss cheese on each half (I like the Boar's Head lacey swiss)

3. broil for a bit until it's melted

4. add a couple slices of tomatoes-in the summer with garden tomatoes...oh my!

5. add another slice of swiss cheese

6. broil until top layer of cheese is super melted and bubbly

7. add Spike seasonsing (I've seen it in the healthy living section of Harmon's)

Be careful because it's really hot when you take it out of the oven...oh so delicious!


4 comments:

Joanie said...

It was called "Baltimore Bagel"

Jana said...

MMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!! Who could forget a place like that!?

Meredith said...

Delish! I gotta try!!!

Steve, For what it is worth! said...

Listen to your mother, (they always know) no matter how old you become your mother is still your mother.
How are you.
Your family looks great.
Come see me when you come to Oregon. You need to visit your cousin's father from time to time.
Hello to your mom and Cindy.
Steve White