Sunday, May 4, 2008

A Father's Love

About a month ago, Bob gave a Bishop's Youth Fireside for all the youth in the ward. I thought I would go to support him and also to listen to him speak because he is a wonderful speaker...inspiring. The youth really seem to relate to him. He showed this video about the father and son team, the Hoyt's. The son has cerebral palsy. At a young age, the family discovered his love for the water and for running-he was unable to do anything for himself. He conveyed to his dad that he felt "alive" and "normal" when he was running and in the water. The father decided to run a marathon pushing him in a wheelchair. He began participating in triathlons, and has competed in several Iron Man ones. His love for his son was endless and had no boundaries. I don't believe this kind of love has adequate words.


Bob talked about the love our Heavenly Father has for each of us...how can we put that into words?




I can only imagine what it will be like for these men...

3 comments:

Jessica F. said...

That video makes we cry every time I have seen it! So inspiring! The youth in your ward could not be any luckier than to have Bob as their bishop!!!

Meredith said...

The Hoyt's are what inspired me as I went thru my first major time of losing weight and working out. I figured if the dad could pull his son in an inflatable boat in the Ironman swim, I could get through 50 minutes on the Elliptical trainer! Amazing family. Your ward youth are certainly lucky to have Bob as their Bishop!

Tennille said...

Dick Hoyt came to our convention last September. I think it's physically impossible to not sob when watching video about the two of them. Such an amazing story--and what a great tie-in for a fireside!