Friday, May 2, 2008

Bedtime



"Be there for your children. Sit on the bed and enjoy the late-night talks -- try to stay awake! Pray for the Lord to inspire you. Forgive often. Choose your battles. Testify frequently of Jesus Christ and of His goodness and of the Restoration. And most of all, let them know of your trust in the Lord." ~Bonnie D. Parkin


Bob has gone to the Jazz game tonight and I am home alone with Maddie and Wills. We got in our jammies at about 7:00 and have been just spending time on our bed playing games, watching t.v., talking about friends., eating strawberries and raspberries, and telling stories. This has been an enjoyable night at home with them-I am grateful for these special moments.

I have had friends talk to me about their late-night talks with their teenagers and to be honest, I'm looking forward to those special times with Maddie...talking about boys, friends, clothes and taking every opportunity to testify of Jesus Christ and His love for her. I believe that if a daughter knows and believes in her divine nature, she will be able to better understand and deal with the ups and downs of her days as a young woman.

1 comment:

Jana said...

That was just what I needed to hear. Noah stayed in his bed all night last night and I know it was because we said a special prayer with him and told him how much Heavenly Father loves him. Great post and awesome quote!!!