Monday, May 5, 2008

18 Years!

Bob and I have been married for 18 years today! It has been a wonderful 18 years with lots of memories. We met when we were both 18 years old, freshmen at BYU living in the dorms. We were in the same ward, but I never remember seeing Bob at church. He teases me it was because I never went-haha. (I'm pretty sure it was the other way around-he's not perfect you know.) We became really good friends at the end of the year and then Bob left on his mission to England. I remember going home at the end of the school year and telling my mom I had found the guy I was going to marry-Bobby Cluff! She told me I was ridiculous...I'd never even been on a date with him!

Well, I was right-of course! Although, proposing took Bob forever. If he hadn't of done it when he did...his time was up!

Bob came and visited me in San Diego during the Christmas break and on December 30, 1992, he asked me to marry him. We'd gone out to dinner at the University Club in downtown San Diego. We each had our own waiter-it was really nice! At the end of the dinner, my waiter came out with another plate for me. He lifted off the silver cover, and sitting there on the plate was a ring box! Bob got down on one knee and proposed in front of everyone in the restaurant. It was so romantic and he was so nervous! He had written me a poem but had completely forgotten it. My parents and grandmother were there and we all cried and I said "yes".

We were married May 5, 1993 in the Salt Lake Temple and had a reception in California and in New Mexico---too crazy.

We've made some wonderful memories these past 22 years:

..suprising Bob in NM before he left on his mission..
..BYU football and basketball games..
..spending the summer together in California before he proposed..
..our first apartment next to our friends Ron and Dawn (good times)..
..camping with Ron and Dawn-skunk eating our food :)..
..our first calling together serving as Nursery Leaders to 40 little children-NOT!..
..our first San Francisco trip in 1991..
..our trip with Kinko's to Hawaii..
..our trip to Orlando with our good friends Darryl and Nannette..
..our second and third trip to San Francisco with my parents..
..buying our first home in 1993..
..rides in the Miata with the top down..
..serving as ward YM and YW president together..
..numerous trips to San Diego..
..our trip to France with George and Candace in 1997..
..the birth of Maddie in 1998..
..leaving Kinko's and starting our own business in 2000-scary but rewarding..
..our first trip to New York together-staying on Times Square and discovering the best city in the world..
..the birth of William in 2003..
..another trip to NYC with Kevin and Kellie in 2006..
..suprising Maddie and Wills with a trip to Disneyland and the beach in 2006..
..our weekend getaway to Jackson Hole last summer-AWESOME and AMAZING-we even saw a bear! (this was probably one of our favorite getaways ever)..

Bob is a wonderful husband and father. He is so patient and humble. He has a sincere testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and is an example to everyone he meets. I am constantly inspired by his obedience to all he is told to do. Happy Anniversary Honey! Here's to another 18 years of bliss! :)

These pictures are really poor quality because I didn't have time to scan them...maybe later!
a Pi Delta Gamma Winter Formal at Sundance 1988


camping with our friends Ron and Dawn



at Lagoon with our friends Danny and Jennifer Humphrey-married one week



our first home-630 North Monterey Drive



our engagement photo 1990

6 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Super fun post! Happy Anniversary!! What the heck that it's already been 18 years?! Crazy! When I scrolled down and saw that first picture I thought the guy with Rachel was Ben! HA HA!

One Big Happy Family In Utah said...

Big congratulations. Shawn and I only have you beat by a few months - we'll celebrate 19 years this December - which I can't believe. I still remember you poor mom so sick - looking almost as green as her beautiful outfit - but what a trooper!! Hope you're doing something really fun!

Michelle said...

Congratulations! Time flies by! I can't believe you guys had only been married less than a year when you moved by us! I love the pictures!!

Jessica F. said...

Congrats! How is it possible that I have never seen your engagement photo??? I LOVE Bob's hair...yours is equally awesome! You guys are such an amazing couple!

The Pixton Family said...

Congrats! I'm trying to get the math right-were you married in 1990 or 1993? Our 18 year is in August.

Jocelyn said...

Hello? You wrote you got engaged in 1992, married in 1993 and then you got it right... trip to SF in 1991, married in 1990! People are confused.

Don't ask me what I am doing reading posts on your blog from well over a year ago at this time of night. :)