Saturday, May 3, 2008

Intruder!

This morning at about 5 am, while still sound asleep in bed...I heard someone walking around in my house! Someone walked upstairs, downstairs, all through the main floor, opening doors and turning on lights!

Okay, so at first, I thought I was hearing things because the other night I could have sworn I heard someone pounding on the front door...Bob got up to check and of course it was no one (I was dreaming). He then had a hard time going back to sleep. So I chose to ignore this person walking around my house.

About what seemed like a half-hour later, actually a couple of minutes, Bob finally sat up and I said, "Can you hear that?" He said he had heard it a little earlier but thought it was our brother- in-law Ben who was sleeping here and that he was just getting up early to get ready to leave for his early morning class (at 5:00 AM!).

Right then, the light at the top of the stairs turns on and the front door shuts LOUDLY! Bob ran downstairs and it wasn't Ben!

I got out of bed and looked out of our bedroom window. A girl was then running up our front steps. Apparently, she had been trying to "kidnap" the high school girl next door because she made the choir! She said to Bob, "I'm trying to kidnap Simone ______ do you know where she lives?" Uh...hello?? You might want to find that information out BEFORE you enter someones house in the middle of the night!

This girl had walked through our entire house, including the kid's rooms. If Maddie or Will had woken up...they would have been terrified! And if Ben hadn't been staying with us, Bob would have been up much sooner and who knows what he would have done to this girl. I mean it was dark and he would have done anything to protect his family. And what if it would have been someone with a gun? Not a good situation!

I called the school in the morning to let them know what had happened. I wasn't angry, I just wanted them to know that maybe the students shouldn't be allowed to just walk into a person's home. They should let the parents know ahead of time and then in the morning knock and wait for someone to answer.

p.s. don't ask why my front door wasn't locked!

7 comments:

Jana said...

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!!!! I was freaked out while reading this. That would have seriously given me a heart attack. I mean, is that girl the dumbest thing on the planet? I would have wanted to keep her until her mom came to get her and then tell the parents what she had done. That is a serious problem. Good thing Bobby didn';t go down sooner. I remember some of those stories about him adn his brothers and dad. I would be scared of Bobby if that was me. :)

Jana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chelsea said...

ohhh Jill, how scary. I'm glad it was your house and not mine! I'll be sure to double check ALL my locks before bed!

Jessica F. said...

FREAKY!!! We use to kidnap our friends on their birthdays...but NEVER did we go into the wrong house!

One Big Happy Family In Utah said...

I'm with you! That girl needs to work with the family. When I was in the RS presidency, we would go and kidnap each girl who was scheduled to come from YW to RS - but we ALWAYS called her parents / siblings ahead of time. And so they could make sure she was the one to open up the door to us. That's insane on so many levels.

Michelle said...

Oh my GOSH!!!! That is SO freaky!! I can't believe that happened! I'm glad it ended up not being a crazy person!

Anonymous said...

Hello,

Do you guys watch movies in theater or on internet? I use to rent DVD movies from [b]Netflix.com[/b]. Recently I discovered that we can watch all new movies on internet on day, they are released. So why should I spend money on renting movies??? So, can you guys please tell me where I can [url=http://www.watchhotmoviesfree.com]watch latest movie Intruders 2010[/url] for free?? I have searched [url=http://www.watchhotmoviesfree.com]Youtube.com[/url], [url=http://www.watchhotmoviesfree.com]Dailymotion.com[/url], [url=http://www.watchhotmoviesfree.com]Megavideo.com[/url] but, Could not find a good working link. If you know any working link please share it with me.


Thanks