Saturday, April 19, 2008

Sushi?...Ya!

So last night, we had some friends call to go out to dinner and a comedy club...they wanted sushi at this fairly new place called Sushi Ya! in Orem-an all-you-can-eat sushi bar...not my idea of something yummy! I went hoping there would be something like tempura veggies and teriyaki chicken (boring, I know, but I was hungry and I DO NOT eat sushi!) Everyone else got the all-you-can-eat sushi...there were over 40 rolls to choose from! When they brought out this huge plate of rolls, I decided to try one-it was called the Godzilla (spicy, white tuna)! Heaven in a bite! It was delicious to say the least. By this time I had my chicken, but the waiter offered to not charge me for that and I could do the sushi instead--heck yeah! So, I proceeded to try all of them and they were soooo good! Godzilla, Crystal Shrimp, and the Happy Roll were my favorites and you have to put lots of wasabi in your little dish and then pour soy sauce over it and stir and then dip your roll...oh my goodness!. I even tried one with raw scallops on it...go figure...I like sushi! (And Ben, I can't wait to take you there when you guys come later this month!)

This is the Godilla Roll...see the yummy tempura on it and the scallions DELISH!

Then we went to this comedy club in Provo called Comedy Sportz. So funny! I can't wait to take Maddie there...serious fun for the whole family. They don't even allow off-color jokes...perfect for a bishop! :D

8 comments:

Hema and Becky said...

We love sushi so much. We go to Provo or Salt Lake for it. I can't wait to tell Hema about the place in Orem. Where is it? Yummy! He deserves a good night out for sushi after totally working every free minute for the last several weeks to completely change our backyard - again. This time will be the last!!

Jill said...

Becky...it's on State St in Orem as you're heading down the hill into Provo-1545 S State Street. Beware, dont' let the decor and run-down look deter you-it almost did me :D. And I want to see pics of your back yard!

One Big Happy Family In Utah said...

Welcome to the dark side!

We love sushi. I introduced Shawn to it when he came to live in California for a few days and he was hooked. He's even a little more adventurous than me ... eating the shrimp - the ones that come out with the head and eyes and antenna still on ... too much for me. Good to hear there's another good place for sushi and in Utah county no less.

Michelle said...

I'm glad to hear that you've tried eating sushi! Me and Ben love it too! We will definitely have to go try out this place and comedy club!

Jessica F. said...

I love sushi! The only thing about being pregnant that is hard for me is not being able to eat it...oh well! At least I have a place to look forward to next time I can eat it!

Ben said...

Sounds like a good place. I'm looking forward to trying it.

Jocelyn said...

I had the same experience as you the first time I had sushi... scary to try thinking it would be gross but being so surprised when you find out you like it... and for me I liked what I tried a lot! I'm totally going there with you... NEXT WEEK!! :)

Jana said...

Yum. I do like it, but only a very few. You know me and raw fish? We hate each other. :)