Wednesday, April 9, 2008

"I Don't Feel 5-I feel weird"

Last night Will went to bed sooooo excited. He must have left his bed 5 times before finally settling down and going to sleep-very unusual for him-he often asks to go to bed at night! He was as excited as if it were Christmas Eve! When he woke up (very early I might add), he came in our room and said "Am I 5 now? I don't feel 5-I feel weird." Bob checked his muscles and measured him from head to foot and told him he was a little stronger and a little taller so he must be 5. That did it for Will and he said, "well, I guess I am 5 then." And when I took Will to school he told me "I am so 5...I hate the number 4 now."

I spotlighted Will at school and he LOVED that-everything about HIM! His birthday party was right after school at Backyard Adventures (playground equipment inside-thank goodness because it was freezing outside) and he invited his school class and primary class. For William, it was the best day ever. For me, it was chaos-there were twenty 4-5 year olds! I am glad I'm not the type of mom who throws a b-day party every year. This was Will's first b-day party with friends and his next one will be when he's 8-I think I'll let him invite 8 friends! And can I just say how funny these kids were: one little boy thought each child there should open up the present they brought Will (I'm thinking to myself, which one would Will open?, this same little boy INSISTED on having a certain peice of cake and when he didn't get it (because it was in the dead center of this giant cake), you'd have thought the world was at an end. And almost all the children wanted to take the toys out of the package and play with them right there. Oh, and the drama from some of the little girls...reminds me of another little girl I know that lives right here with me! I must say though, Maddie was a huge help with all those children, she organized games and showed them to the bathroom and was basically a little party planner...I've taught her well. :D


The theme for Will's party was BYU Cougars! (of course). I made cute invitations, my friend made an amazing cake and cookies for the treat bags.

yummy sugar cookies!
this cake was amazing!


friends...


I realized at the end of the song I was singing...YIKES! Just ignore that!

It was a memorable day...I'm glad we were able to give Will such a special birthday-one he will always remember. And I'm glad Grandma and Daddy were there to help.

5 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Looks like a TON OF FUN! Holy cow there were a lot of kids there! The cake and cookies look AWESOME... what friend made those? Happy Birthday, Will! I love you!

Jana said...

Awesome party. I wish we could have been there. My boys are so sad they missed it. I better not even show Jackson the post. How can I forget how he acted just hearing about all of Will's presents. :) We can't wait to see you guys in a few months!!! And I LOVE the cake and cookies. AMAZING!

Meredith said...

How fun!!! That is a lot of kiddos! I am trying to be on the every other year plan, that is how my family did it. So, you are hitting the milestone birthdays, right? I think that is a great idea too!! great theming!

Michelle said...

Payton had so much fun at Will's birthday party! Thanks for inviting him! The cake and cookies look amazing! You always do such a great job with any event!

Hema and Becky said...

That part sounds like so much fun and such cute food!! I need to remember you when my kids start wanting creative parties. Luckily, I think we still have a few years to go!