Friday, April 4, 2008

Spring Piano Recital

Maddie performed in her Spring Recital last Friday, March 28th at the Tahitian Noni building. She played with a violinist and a celloist. It was so beautiful. Maddie has an amazing talent for the piano. When she first started taking lessons, her teacher told me she must have played the piano in Heaven!


I must admit, practicing at our house can sometimes be a struggle! When she is first learning a song, she "hates" piano and wants to quit. But once she gets into the song, she can play it for hours. And I am so impressed at how quickly she picks up on the songs. Maddie's piano teacher is phenomenal! She has taught Maddie some really good habits that have, I'm sure, helped her progress to where she is now. This recital is our favorite because it is so beautiful to have the string instruments playing along with the piano. And the violinist actually stole the show! He was Awesome! (She has her Monster Concert in May where she is one of five pianists all playing at the same time on five different pianos! It's a fun recital)



Maddie and Deena Winters, her piano teacher



3 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Way to go Maddie! I love going to her recitals and playing the piano with her. She's talented that's for sure!

One Big Happy Family In Utah said...

I'm so impressed. How COOL is she!! Shawn and I started taking piano last Jan. For Shawn it was his first time, for me it was dusting off the cobwebs from when I was 10-11 years old. It made me glad when I would remember certain techniques or could 'hear' when it wasn't right, but also regret that I didn't stay with it. The good part about taking it at our age is there are songs - "I won't play and you can't make me" (actual quote from my lips to my teacher's ears - I don't know if you should share that part)

Meredith said...

What a talented daughter. Quite a privilege to play with that kind of accompaniment! I will never forgive my parents for letting me quit piano when I was 11 years old or so...we hope to get a piano one of these days/years...my girls are anxious to learn, as is my husband! I can plink around enough to be dangerous.