Sunday, April 6, 2008

Almost 5!

We celebrated Will's 5th Birthday with the family today after General Conference. He will turn 5 on April 9th. For the past couple of weeks, Will has been waking up in the morning and his first words are "is today my birthday?" Yesterday I told him we would be having his little family birthday party tomorrow and he has been so excited he could hardly wait. And we kept making him wait until after Conference was over. He just couldn't keep his hands off his gifts...
Grandma and Grandpa gave him a Leapster which he loves and we gave him a bike! Larry, DJ, and Shiely were here to celebrate with us too! On Wednesday, Will is having his first birthday party with friends at Backyard Adventures! He can't stop talking about it.

Will with his cake that I made...I'll be buying the next one!


Opening the Leapster from Grandma and Grandpa

He obviously didn't know how to use the brakes (or turn the thing) and shortly after this, he tried to take a sharp turn and had his first fall and said "I hate that bike and I'm never getting on it again!"


His new bike!

Maddie on her scooter! I wish I had one of these!

He did get back on the bike and we couldn't get him off of it...he asked if he could keep riding it even during bedtime! (he figured out the braking!) Bob says we're taking off the training wheels in a few days! YIKES!

9 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Happy Birthday, William!! (Almost!) Looks like a fun day with cake and presents... I wish I was there for it! I can't believe he's 5 now! And when did Maddie get that scooter?!

Jill said...

joce-maddie got that scooter for her 9th b-day last year!

Jocelyn said...

Where the heck was I?!! Oh yeah... I haven't been to Utah since last JUNE (the beginning of it)! I was thinking about that and can't believe it's been that long.

Jana said...

Happy Birthday Wills! Awesome bike. I can totally picture him saying he hates it, but then NOT getting off. :) He cracks me up. The cake is so cute.

Jana said...

When Wills said, "A new bike." he sounds JUST LIKE Bobby. Love it.

Tennille said...

I forgot Will and my H are so close in their birthdays. H turned five on the 5th--and he got a new bike, too! :) Happy birthday to Will!

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday Will! Jill-I am amazed at your cake! It looks great! Payton got a bike last year and loves it, but I don't think we are anywhere near taking off the training wheels! Scary!

Chelsea said...

Happy Birthday Will, we are glad Will has become such a great friend to David! They are so hilarious when they play together.
As for removing training wheels, you are ambitious!!!! Get some knee pads and elbow pads to strap on him before he goes flying down your driveway for the first time:)
Great job on the cake, Jill!

Meredith said...

Great family fun! I really like our family parties better than our kid parties. I love the times we can do a big gift, like when it is time for a bike. It is always so fun!