Monday, March 17, 2008

Kindred Sprits!

I just finished watching Anne of Green Gables and Anne of Avonlea...and a part of me wished I had been a friend of Anne's...I know we would have been kindred spirits! Bob teases me that I dream of being Anne and I transport myself right into the movie-yeah right! :)

A few times a year PBS does those telethons to raise money blah blah blah and I DVR'd Anne and have been watching a little every night for the past few nights...I find myself wishing it would never end. I love the way that movie makes feel...it is so idealistic-I laugh and I cry. The relationship between Anne and Gilbert is so romantic-even though Anne is such a ninny sometimes-it drives me crazy that she can't see her true love right in front of her!

I can't wait for Maddie to love these movies as much as I do...so we can daydream together!




And the soundtrack is one of the best CD's I've ever owned. I can listen to it over and over. It can be ordered online here.


8 comments:

Hema and Becky said...

I love Anne of Green Gables. I was watching them on PBS lately too when I got a chance and I wish I lived back then. You are definately not the only one who loves those movies and gets lost in them!

Jana said...

Who doesn't love those movies?!!!! I need a sick day so I can lay in bed and watch them all day long. And guess what? Gilbert was the narrator in the Drowsey Chaperon. I LOVE him!!

Jocelyn said...

Ditto the other comments. I loved those movies and would watch them straight through all the time growing up!!! I was always so glad my name was spelled with an "e"!

One Big Happy Family In Utah said...

Years ago - like 12 or 13(during one one the telethons) we (Shawn AND I) started watching. While he was teasing me at first - he got hooked and before we knew it we had spent the full day lying around watching the whole series. Luckily they have those breaks to raise money otherwise we probably wouldn't have stopped to eat or drink a thing all day. I miss those days!

Michelle said...

Oh, I love Anne of Green Gables too!! They are some of my favorite all time movies! I loved the books too! I didn't realize that they were on PBS just recently dangit!

Tennille said...

I was up super late the other night and caught some of it on PBS. I need to pull out my DVDs and watch the whole thing!

Meredith said...

I love it too. I actually got the whole set from the library to watch with Lindsay last year. I think that was pushing by a few years!!! She really loves the American Girl movies though - so they could be a good warm-up to "period movies" like Anne but aren't 8 hours long or whatever!

Jessica F. said...

I LOVE Anne also and would love to be her friend. Sterling is pretty good about putting up with anything I watch...P&P...anything, EXCEPT Anne of Green Gables. He goes nuts when I have it on. I love it so much! I just watch it when he is gone....she is the best!