Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter!

This Easter came and went so quickly! I can't believe there's a week left of March and Easter is already come and gone!

Did you know that the earliest Easter can ever be is March 22nd! The last time Easter was this early was 1913 and it won't be this early again until around 2116! Just some interesting facts we learned in Sunday School yesterday! And I never knew how the date of Easter is set: Easter is on the first full moon after the Spring Equinox (closest Sunday).



Anyway, I spoke in Sacrament Meeting yesterday and I am so glad it's over. But to be honest, it wasn't as bad as I was anticipating (and I actually spoke for 14 minutes!-the longest I've ever given a talk for.) I guess I'm maturing! :) Grandma and Grandpa came (because of Easter) and they sat with Maddie and Will. Well, they sat with Maddie anyway...during the Sacrament, Will drank from the water cup and as he was putting it away, he dripped some water from the cup (he hadn't drank every last drop), and it dripped into some other cups. Maddie made a big deal of it and made Will feel bad...he started crying (loud) and Grandma tried to take him out. But he hooked his foot on the pew and was crying out that he didn't want to be taken out. I motioned for him to come and sit with me (I was on the stand just about to give my talk). He came up and sat with me and then went and sat with a friend. All is well that ends well and to repeat...I am so glad it's over!



After church we had an Easter Egg hunt and ate a very yummy dinner of Honey Baked Ham, potato salad, baked beans, green salad, and rolls...followed by
V Chocolate's chocolate dipped strawberries! I am still full!
I love Easter!

6 comments:

Jana said...

That must have been pleasant for you and Bobby during Sacrament. I would have been so bugged. But kids are kids. I have to admit, I got a little laugh out of it, but only because it wasn't me. Had it been me, I would NOT have laughed. And those kids look GREAT!!! I wish I could see Maddie's dress better. It looks so cute.

Michelle said...

Oh my gosh! How stressful! I would have been dying-I can't give a talk in the best of circumstances anyways! Interesting facts about Easter-I never knew how they figured it out every year!

Jessica F. said...

I would have loved to have been there and heard your talk. I am sure it was fantastic!
Your kids are getting so big. Maddie is beautiful and Will is so handsome!

Jocelyn said...

Fun pictures! I like all the colorful eggs! Your dinner sounded so yummy! The "event" in Sacrament... didn't sound so fun. :) Yikes! Happy Easter! The kids are adorable... as always! I can't wait to see you guys!

Meredith said...

Nothing like Sacrament Meeting drama to get you ready to give a talk!!! We usually have to remind our kids not to touch all the bread before selecting the perfect piece! Your eggs are lovely!

Hema and Becky said...

I'm sure your talk was great! Sounds like a fun Easter! Your children are beautiful!!