Thursday, March 27, 2008

A Kid Named "Ralph"

So the other day, Will had one of his friends over to play (a new neighbor named David and they have become INSTANT best buds)! These new neighbors have a son Maddie's exact age too which has been so great. The cul-de-sac is buzzing with kids now-I am lovin it!


Anyway, Will and David were upstairs playing in his room on his bed making a tent with his duvet and generally having a wonderful time! They had just gorged themselves on Twizzlers and Reese's PB eggs (the little foil wrapped mini ones) and they were very happy. I was downstairs in the kitchen and all of a sudden, Will comes down to tell me David threw up on his bed and "good-bye, we're going outside to play now"


"What? He threw up. Let me see (yeah right I'm thinking)." As I walk up the stairs, the smell hits me like, you know what they say....a ton of bricks! And I'm starting to think, oh my gosh, he really did throw up! By the time I get to the top of stairs and poke my head in Will's room, I am unable to take it. I look inside, plugging my nose, and sure enough, there on the bed...
THROW UP!


I run downstairs and catch the boys before they leave...they haven't left yet because they're stuffing their faces with more Reese's eggs! I ask...
"What happened?"


(David) "He wiped a booger on my arm and I threw-up"
(Will) "It was an accident. His arm got on the booger from my nose!"


I'm thinking to myself, how am I going to clean this up...I can't!
(Me) "You two run to your house and get your mom to call me--hurry up!"


Pretty soon, David's mom calls and I tell her the situation. I am so embarassed that I am unable to clean this up, but I can barely clean up my own children's vomit! Anyway, she comes over, cleans up the chunks (barfing in my mouth right now), and offers to wash everything. But, I'm not that much of a whimp..."Oh I can wash it myself, I'm sure." So she folds it up so the throw up is on the inside and I take it down to the laundry room. Let me just say, unfolding the quilt, blanket, and sheet (cuz it had soaked through), was very hard for me. I had to tie a blanket around my nose so I couldn't smell it. I guess I am a whimp!


Now, Chelsea (David's mom) and I are friends forever, bonded by puke! (BTW, David had chocolate milk for lunch!) Oh, and his nickname is "Ralph"...really. Apparantly, he does this often :)

8 comments:

Hema and Becky said...

I was laughing soooooo hard when I read this story. I can totally see my little Hema being the kid named Ralph!!! He seriously barfs at least once a day!! I hope that he doesn't ever barf at his friends house!!! YIKES!

Michelle said...

Oh my gosh! I can't stop laughing!!! That is so gross! I would have done the same thing!!!! Parker is the same way-the other day he threw up 3 times in 1 day (he was coughing and it kept making him threw up). Luckily since he does it so much he runs to the toilet himself-I have him threw-up trained, just not potty trained!

Jessica F. said...

I LOVE that story. I love even more how you had the kids mom clean it up. I am glad to know that works in case I ever am in that situation...

shannon said...

so funny!!! chelsea came over the other day and told me that story and i was dying!!! so gross, but so funny! i love that you guys are neighbors!

Jocelyn said...

Cleaning up barf is no fun. I almost threw up reading that story. Funny that he has the nickname Ralph though... maybe his mom doesn't think it's so funny. :|

Meredith said...

That's funny!!! Ralph...must have quite the gag reflex!

Jana said...

Each time I read that I laugh even harder. Have they had that reflex checked?!! :) The booger is the BEST part. I feel for you David. If someone got a booger on me, I might throw up too. That is a classic story.

One Big Happy Family In Utah said...

I can't decide which PART of the story is funnier - but I'm only sorry we don'thave a picture of you with a blanket tied around your nose ... that had to be quite the image. Seems like these two should spend quality time OUTSIDE.